Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy late Valentine's Day

Hope ya'll had a fun day. I went shopping and got a purple tote bag and a matching purple camera bag. Yay! I love purple.

Jan finally went home yesterday. boo hoo She said her flight home was packed. It was so nice to have her here. Not just for shoveling snow. She cooks, too! That big pile of snow on the left hides my truck. She dug it out. Not too many friends would do that.

Jan and I had dinner with my sister, Ruth, a couple times while she was here. Ruth has not seen Jan since, Jan went off to see the world back in 1973? maybe. It was fun reminiscing about when we were young & cute. LOL Jan is one of those people that just picks up where she left off. The 3 of us, hanging out enjoying a meal felt like no time had passed.

We've spent more than the usual amount of time indoors due to snow. Here is Simba helping me brush my teeth. Is he a cutie or what! I am so tired of all this snow. Ice dams on the back of the house that have caused water leaks. I have water stains on the ceiling in my kitchen and the breakfast nook. My gutters look like they are about to fall off. I'll have to give the insurance company a call and see what they will cover. One of the trees in the backyard has been knocked over. I had planned to have it taken down this summer. Half of the tree looks like it was dying. I guess it will just have to look ugly for a while.

I haven't been doing as much sewing as I would like. I'm working on a tough deadline. This job thing is really getting in the way of my quilting. The orchids in my office are doing well, so it's not too dull here.

Orchids are supposed make you prosperous. I'm still waiting.

Snowflake wasn't consent to choose just one name. She chose 2. Lee & Loris, you both will be getting block kits! Send me your snail mail info and I'll get those kits in the mail, assuming the snow doesn't start piling up again.

Snowflake likes this game.

Ok, since I really don't have anything quilty to show you, Here is another Mariners Compass block kit to give away.

Just leave a comment, say Hello and I'll have Snowflake chose a winner.


ttfn :) Yuki

2 comments:

Quilt Rat said...

Don't look at the snow......just stare at those orchids! Gorgeous!!

QuiltSue said...

That's a LOT of snow you've got there.