Wednesday, July 13, 2011

This is what I've been up to



A while back I said that I was going to start shutting my office door at 6pm. Workaholic habits are hard to break. Anyway, in my effort to not work as much. I bought this.
Here I am putting the frame together. Boy, was that a job!! There must have been a million screws and doo dads. Things I had never seen or heard of!
Simba supervised. He's my shadow.

I really enjoy quilting, so I think this machine will provide me with many hours of enjoyment. Hopefully, I'll make some additional income to help pay for it. That would be nice, too. Can you imagine? Getting paid to do something that you really love and enjoy? Eventually, I would like to do machine quilting for other folks, maybe even lease out the machine by the hour. As a quilter, I love the satisfaction of doing the whole thing myself. Unfortunately, hand quilting takes a long, long time, so quilting machines have become a necessity.

I've ordered a 65" square whole cloth quilt pattern. I can't wait to get it. I'm thinking that by the time I finish it, I'll be an expert machine quilter. LOL

ttfn :) Yuki

5 comments:

Marj said...

I have an 18" machine for about a month now and am loving it. I still need more practice, but in time I also hope to do some quilting for others.

Loris said...

Well, I have wondered what you have been up to but didn't expect anything so fun. I too really enjoying being able to machine quilt my own quilts. You will love it. Strong work getting that thing put together by yourself!
I will have a picture for you sometime next week. The 'reveal' of our progressive quilts come back to the original owner in our quilt group. So I will see what they have done to my Mariner's Compass block. I can't wait to see it. Happy Quilting!

claudia becker said...

I loved walking into your blog, beautiful work and beautiful kittens. I found you via DC modernity, between yesterday and I know if I use right, laughs.

Kisses from Brazil!

visit me:
www.frawcraw.com

Tanya said...

You bought a long arm?!! I'm so envious! Yep, I can't think of anything better... being paid for doing what you love! I wish I could lease out your machine someday! I really want to try long arming (Someday...)

Unknown said...

I love your quilts and your lovely cats. hugs